Mint Tea

Moving and designing

Okay guys, here's the thing. I'm leaving this quiet flat near woods and changing it for a bigger one, that's closer to my school. I think I'm gonna miss it here, because even if there were four of us I still could steal some privacy, which won't be possible in the new apartment with my classmates from Faculty of Architecture. Anyway, my future-roomie seems nice, she is almost as intelligent as Žužmi, she is studying Japanology or what and is interested in design. Moreover, she likes stuff I do too :) we are decorating our old bedroom with creaky wooden floor, white walls and big windows together. Here are our ideas:

First of all, I need to mention, that there are walled doors to boys bedroom, which creates a shallow alcove, and second thing, which is interesting about this room, we have a bay window! Yay! It's soo romantic!

Now, we decided to try black wall for the alcove and use it as a blackboard or gallery for pictures. I'm a bit worried about how dark it would feel, but on the other hand I'm looking forward for leaving messages to Karin, which is my future-roomie's name :P

Something like this:


For the bay window we are gonna make a "rest zone" with arm chair, footstool, old-school chest used as another seat and a provisional coffee table made of old suitcases. Here are examples:


I always wished to try a bed built-up of wooden pallets and mattress. To my great surprise, Karin wants it exactly like me, so it won't look riddiculous, when each one of us would have different type of bed, right?


For work space just a classic table with chair, nothing really special, but it has to be close to bookcase :P I wanted to try to compose the bookcase from wooden boxes, as you can see below, but our room isn't spacious enough, so we have to stick with ordinary book-rack. Maybe I will try those boxes for my shoes :)


For our clothes we both will use clothing racks with paper boxes for underwear.


Well and just lights have left. This is the hardest part, because the best pieces are so expensive, like, seriously, EIGHT THOUSAND czech crowns for one stupid desk lamp, are you kidding me? -.- I don't like cheap plastic lamps from Ikea. If there is the slightest possibility to have lamp as I wish, it would be steam-punk-inspirated, kinda industrial lamp, from waterpipes, old metal taps and sprockets, but it's impossible. I'm not willing to spend such a huge amount of money for one lamp, not at all. Anyway, here is my idea of nice lamp :P :D and following are ideas I wanna make real.


These bulbs are called Edison's and I fell in love with them :) I think, they are pretty interesting and I love the strange style of lighting.

For my own decoration I would love to have a big wall map of London, 'cause it's my favourite city. That old one, beige and brown, hanging on the wall beside my bed and amended by my photographies tacked to some kind of string, so I won't damage the wall.



This one is perfect!!!

Aaaand that's all :) What do you think, will it work or not? Or do you have any ideas how to improve our conception?

You Might Also Like

0 komentářů

Thank you! :) I appreciate it!

Flickr Images

Akékoľvek šírenie obsahu stránok tohoto blogu a jeho publikovanie je bez súhlasu autora zakázané. Používá technologii služby Blogger.