Mint Tea

Study for Bachelor thesis

While I'm being lately so hyperactive with writing on my blog, I decided to show and introduce you to my school project. It's just a study, something like a start point I needed to create for finishing the bachelor thesis and became Bc. Veron.

If you are reading my effusions, you might remember one where I was freaking out, cause I had to attend one of the hardest studios at school called FLOW, or Studio Florian. The base is in digital, adaptabile architecture and ... I was as lost as a person could be. I just didn't belong there, I wasn't anything like my classmates are, I was scared and thought it's impossible to finish this work. Even winter term ended up as I predicted, so I was forced to repeat the same class if I wanted to finish school. 

The thing is, and I'm still a bit unsure about it, that I decided, completely on my own, no one convince me to do so, to repeat that work in the same studio I just didn't fit at all. Why? Because I thought that even if I would be unable to finish this, I would have different point of view at least, maybe learn to work in new softwares and finally would be able to build myself a 3D model of my design. It would have been worth of me being fired from school.

However, this didn't happen thanks to big support from many people. I had to admit, I would not suceeded without my family, friends, classmates and Mr. Florián, the headmaster of studio Flow. Huge thanks to all of you! Thank you, mummy, you helped me mentally and financially like a lot, thank you for finding Academy-X and assuring me not to look on price. Thank you, daddy, for your mental and financial support as well, your little message brighten my day :) I have to thank to Mr. Florián, to be the most supportive teacher I've ever had the chance to meet at Faculty of Architecture, for all those midnight doses of inspirations and not complicating my study even more. Thank you, my dearest cousin Alen, you helped me with organizing my thoughts, and to my awesome cousin Michal for filling me up with inspiration and showing me the way out of my misery, so I wasn't stuck anymore. Friends for tolerance, patience, for cheering me up and encouraging speeches x) and classmates for accepting me in their crew and not denying me due to different way of thinking, I really start to like all of you. I really appreciate your honesty with my final poster presentation.

Now back to the bachelor thesis :D The theme was Family house for four members with additive function which I've chose to be photographic studio with gallery. I started with some cubes cause it was easier, but they tried to push me in different direction, to organic shapes and structures. I didn't know how to handle this, 'cause it was completely new to me. When winter term ended I had just bunch of metaballs designed in some horibble hill that supposed to look atractivelly. To my despair it looked everything else just not atractive. My friend from school told me that it reminded him of "piles", uh eh, and to others, they even couldn't imagine to live inside. So I knew I need to work it out somehow...



I picked those balls and separate them, each one of them having concrete function like one for living room, one for photographic studio, one for master's bedroom and so on.



And then I organized and arranged them in a functional order to create open-plan interior. It has taken several attempts to find out which one suits my idea for the best.



I'd needed to choose a "thought" I would work with, build on it, so I've picked green roofs. We've been talking about this from very beginning, about having approachable roofs from the ground level. So after I found the most suitable form of a house, I linked it with the land by alternatively sloping the roofs down.



The alternating was due to difference in needs of daylight, because you don't need as much light in photographic studio, than you need in living room and the same applies for bathrooms and children bedrooms. Hopefully you get my point and could understand my way of thinking while designing my third family house. 

It looks like a zipper, so I called it The Zipper house and got printed it at work, so thank you, Honza, for helping me out and cutting such a big poster while lying on the floor :P



For those, who still can't keep up with my babbling, here are two attempts of colorful visualisations. I didn't really have time to teach myself how to do it properly, so I decided to do it monochromatic. Less is more, right? However, thank you Beli, that you tried, I hope you can show me, how to do it for future projects :)



And that's all :) hope you like it. Do not hesitate to ask me whatever you are interested in.

You Might Also Like

0 komentářů

Thank you! :) I appreciate it!

Flickr Images

Akékoľvek šírenie obsahu stránok tohoto blogu a jeho publikovanie je bez súhlasu autora zakázané. Používá technologii služby Blogger.