Mint Tea

R.I.P. Zaha Hadid

When Alan Rickman died, I was sad, because I´ve seen him in movies and I could understand that he was great actor, but I wasn´t really able to appreciate what he has done, simply because I´m not an actor and I shall never be, so everything he did I admired.

Yesterday was sad again, because one of the few women I´ve been looking up to since my uni-studies, has passed away. I´m talking about the great Zaha Hadid, architect from Iran. I can´t even tell you, what it means to me. She was fabulous and rebellious, her works inspired me and her personality and success made me believe, that even woman can be on the top between all of the men architect. And now, she is gone. There won´t be another organic and fearless buildings in white with as much greenery as possible. No quotes that would force you to think and try to understand.





"Yes, I´m a feminist, because I see all women as smart, gifted and tough." - Zaha Hadid

I am able to say that she was ambicious architect, creative thinker and had courage to fight against old-school designs. I know that because since the very beginning on the Faculty of Architecture in Bratislava when I first met with her name I was following her ideas. We had to made an upper floors of the Faculty of Chemistry, and I used her design of library of Economic University in Wien. One year later on the interview to FA on Czech Technical University in Prague I said her name, when they asked me who is my favorite architect. She means so much. Not just for me, but for the whole world.

(Even Alen knows her because of my little obsession she was having fun of. We used Zaha´s name in some project where Alen renamed her as "Haha Zadid". Such a scandal at first but now it is making me smile, a bit :)



"Retain the great sense of optimism, spirit of adventure and belief in progress that you learned from your parents. Believe in the fantastic. And never neglect your friends and family, they will always be your greatest support. You will need the confidence to take new steps every time; hard work will give you that layer of confidence.
Always believe in your work - it will carry you through any difficult situation, but learn to adjust your thinking every once in a while to fit the moment. Never give up. You won’t always get everything right every time – but you have to keep trying. Have the commitment to persevere.
Your success will not be determined by your gender or your ethnicity, but only on the scope of your dreams and your hard work to achieve them. Understand the importance of trusting others. Learn from the skills and experience of other people. Teamwork is very important." - Zaha Hadid 

"There are 360 degrees, so why stick to one?" - Zaha Hadid



"You have to really believe not only in yourself, you have to believe that the world is actually worth your sacrifices." - Zaha Hadid

"If you want an easy life, don´t be an architect." - Zaha Hadid

You Might Also Like

0 komentářů

Thank you! :) I appreciate it!

Flickr Images

Akékoľvek šírenie obsahu stránok tohoto blogu a jeho publikovanie je bez súhlasu autora zakázané. Používá technologii služby Blogger.